A leading international academic and research nursing institution.

International Students

International Students

International Applications

The Faculty of Nursing welcomes applications from those outside of Thailand. International students can apply to our international programs at the baccalaureate, master, and doctoral levels. Admission into the Thai programs will be based on level of proficiency and literacy in both spoken and written Thai.

Chiang Mai University Faculty of Nursing International Applicant Definition

International applicants are non-citizens of Thailand. If you graduated from high school (Matayom 6) in Thailand but you do not have a Thai national ID card or passport, you will be considered an international applicant.

Important Tips for a Successful Application

Transcripts, Diplomas, and other official documentation
All students must produce transcripts and degree certificates along with their application. For certain programs, additional documentation, such as nursing licensure is required. If the original documents are issued in a language other than English, certified English translations must be submitted.

TOEFL/IELTS International students must possess proficiency in English at a level that will enable them to succeed in our programs. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) must be taken if the applicant’s native language is not English. Please check with each program for the minimum score for TOEFL/IELTS.

Note that all students in the International Program, regardless of their TOEFL/IELTS score, will be required to pass the Chiang Mai University English test as a requirement for graduation.

International applicants from countries where English is the native language are exempt from these requirements.

Visa and documentation

After being accepted to the Faculty of Nursing, international students will receive information and instructions regarding submitting mandatory documents to receive their non-immigrant ED visa so they can legally enter Thailand. Depending on the country, the visa application process may be quick or slow. DO NOT, under any circumstances, enter Thailand without your non-immigrant ED visa. Chiang Mai University will not allow you to register and enroll in classes, and you will have to exit Thailand to apply for your visa from a different country.

Back to top